Life is a dirty chai.
It's sweet and smooth, but has more than meets the eye.
It's served warm when you want it to be. Comforting, like every time you bring it to your lips, life is wrapping you in it's arms and giving you a big squeeze and saying, 'Hold on, it's going to be okay.'
It's served cool when you want it to be. Filled with ice cubes. Sometimes life is whirling all around you, and you can almost hear all the coolness of Jay Z telling you to 'Go on, brush you shoulders off.' Cause sometimes, you know you are a total badass and don't need anything. You can brush right by those ice cubes.
And just like life, a dirty chai is slightly unpredictable. Made differently everywhere you go. Depending on how you are feeling that day, you'll appreciate it differently.
Are you noticing the smooth, airy foam? Happy to dive into something new, unsure of what the future, or your next sip, will hold? But confident and anxious for more anyways?
Are you somewhere in the middle, where the milk, tea, and espresso are perfectly blended and you know exactly what's coming next. And you're comfortable with that. Relaxed and certain.
Are you at the bottom of the glass and noticing the granules that didn't dissolve? Was it that they weren't given enough attention, or the right attention? Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe they would be there anyways, regardless of what you did, so it might actually be okay to overlook them, those imperfections of life, and move on. Are you noticing how the end of your dirty chai has now cooled to room temperature, or watered down? You can always rewarm it you know. Life that is. Fire it up and ignite the passion, the deepest curiositys. Life doesn't have to cool down. It doesn't have to be watered down. Take out those few remaining ice cubes, chew on them even. If there is something you don't like, something that isn't suiting you, something that isn't benefiting you, get it out of there! Your life is in your hands.
Are you saddened by the fact your dirty chai is running out? Or happy with how it all went and happy to have experienced it anyways. Do you want more? Perhaps one is just enough. After all, this wasn't just a regular chai; this was a dirty chai. There was more than met the eye, remember? You knew that. It was energizing and satisfying. It was sweet, and caffeinated, and you loved every drop. You were part of the entire dirty chai experience; the exciting foam, the comfortable sips, the abrupt end of the last sip.
Life is a lot like that too. Day to day. Year to year. It's changing and evolving though. It has more freedom than a dirty chai. How are you looking at it though?
My dirty chai is gone now. I could order another, but €3,90 is a lot to spend. Plus, I just need to savor what I've had and be grateful. It was so good. It IS so good. This life.
**This was kind of a fun poetic entry for me. I biked to the city center for the first time today, and got sufficiently lost. Made it to a coffee shop I had been wanting to try, and ordered a dirty chai latte. I picked up a Dutch magazine, and opened it to that page pictured at the top. DO MORE OF WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY. I had my journal with me, so I began writing. This blog entry is almost identical to what I wrote down this afternoon. It's free flowing creativity. As it came to me, I wrote it down. Never, have I ever studied a dirty chai latte so much. The creativity of it and the flow of the words have always been easy for me to physically write, but challenging to type. When I type, I make edits. So I kept this blog entry very close to that journal entry today. I really like the way it turned out too. Pretty introspective. I found it to be fun, and beautiful. Enjoy. :) And go get yourself a chai latte!

No comments:
Post a Comment