Sunday, August 14, 2011

Road Trip with Mom

Mom flew into Denver Friday July 29th and we went road trippin' around Colorado for a week!  It was super fun!  She's so great, we can argue one minute and bust up laughing the next!

We spent a couple days in Golden and Denver.  We went to the Molly Brown Museum, the Cathedral Basicila of the Immaculate Conception, the Denver Museum of Nature and Science, and the Buffalo Bill days in Golden, and toured the Coors Factory.  The Molly Brown Museum was my favoriteee!  She lead such a progressive life and fought for things she believed in and things that were right.  The women's suffragist movement is one of my absolute favorite things to study, and she worked hard in the campaign for women's rights, including running for political office before she could even vote.  She has definitely become one of my role models.  :)

After our few days in Denver and Golden, we went to Colorado Springs.  We toured the Air Force Academy and the Garden of the Gods!  We even lucked out and stayed in the General's Suite at the Air Force Academy!  Mom and I had 6 rooms, including a full kitchen, study, living room, and full bar in the room!  It was so awesome, and we were sad that we could only stay one night due to the arrival of a more "distinguished" guest.

After our days in the Springs, we went back up to Fort Collins to hang around for a day and wait for my last doctor's visit before hittin' the road back to NC.  I got to show Mom my favorite coffee shops in Fort Collins, and I showed her all around Old Town.  We went to the train tracks where I crashed my bike.  It was so weird for me to be back there cause I don't remember the accident AT ALL.  And I was trying to find the memory, somewhere in the back of my mind, but I came up empty.  I'll probably never remember it, and it's probably a good thing.

On the morning of Wednesday, August 3rd we began our trip back home to North Carolina!  The neurologist said everything was pretty much back to normal in my brain and small memory lapses were normal for a little while.  We left Fort Collins and drove to Colby, Kansas.  Thursday we drove 12 hours from Colby, KS to Metropolis, Indiana (home of Superman!)  And Friday we drove another 12 hours from Metropolis, IN to Greenville, NC!  Yay!  We were both so exhausted that we scrounged up something for dinner and went to sleep.  I've been sleeping in hotels for 8 nights at this point, and I was SO thankful to have my own bed again!  I slept so solid that I don't even think I moved all night long!

It's truly good to be home.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment